Ultimate Goal

spark quotes

Friday, April 16, 2010

Back on the wagon again...

I've been back at it for a few weeks now. Finally able to get my full workouts in 3x a week after the whole kidney debacle. It was a huge struggle to get back on track with the eating, too. During the time I was sick, I put on 20lbs. Backwards just a bit...ok a lot, but it took 3 months to take the 20 off the last time and 4 months to put it back on, so I guess that it could be worse and since I have taken it off once before, I know I can do it again. Lessons learned from all of this. 1) Even the best laid plans can get waylaid. Best to have a backup plan just in case because without a plan, you'll falter. 2)I now have a backup plan which is should I ever get sick again to the point of not being able to workout, I can at least maintain the eating plan. I will not let an illness throw me so far off track again! 3)Minor setbacks should be just that, minor. I have my health back and while I took a few steps backwards, I'm not going to continue going in that direction. 4)Sometimes goals need to change. I was all excited about being able to hit the 1/1/11 goal of being to my goal weight because of the numbers, but it most likely isn't going to happen. My goals have changed to reflect new 6 week intervals with a goal of 6lbs lost per interval. Puts me into December 2011. Now, I'll probably lose faster than that, but it's a doable goal and I just have to let go of my old goal, realize I am not a failure, pick myself back up and start again. Which is what I've done.

I don't know how often I'll blog, but I did start a group on Facebook to follow my progress, encourage me along the way and encourage others to reach their goals, too. If you'd like to join, it's called Rachel's Weight Loss Buddies and the URL is http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=107037375994416

I'll keep checking in here, too. This medium allows me a lot more room for my wordiness and sometimes I want to scream in frustration or in achievement and I seem to use a lot of words for both. :o)

No comments: