Ultimate Goal

spark quotes

Monday, May 24, 2010

New level of dedication

Last week I was on this antibiotic that made me feel queasy unless I ate something. Problem was I was taking it in the evening after dinner and would eat something to settle my tummy. I bought a drumstick (the yummy Nestle kind) at a Relay for Life meeting and decided I could have that to take my meds with. Well, I'm in the van on the way home and look at the calorie content (ok, I was parked at the time and not driving...I don't recommend looking at labels and driving). It's staggering! So, I come home, put it in the freezer and instead grab a celery stick to eat with my meds. A CELERY STICK over a Nestle drumstick!

This story would be even more awesome had I not polished off that drumstick this morning. I've had a bad day of eating. I'm going to nip it in the bud right now, though before the whole day is shot. I will get back to it for afternoon snack and dinner. But, hey, the drumstick lasted in my freezer for 3 whole days! New record! And I know I can make good choices and follow through with them. Still needs work, but I'm improving and that is what matters!

No comments: